mobileadstore.com

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Manning Said Pain In Neck Subsided Then Returned

Peyton Manning on Friday talked about why he waited until May to have his first of two neck surgeries that put him on the sideline indefinitely. He experienced a temporary neck issue in February, “but it went away,” Manning told Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star. “March, April and the first part of May were normal and great. I was throwing a lot.”

Then the symptoms resurfaced and persisted, leading to his May 23rd surgery. Manning’s rehabilitation progressed without incident as training camp neared. He opened camp on the physically unable to perform list and was cleared to practice Aug. 29. “I had to get on the field to see where I was,” he said.

“You can only do so much in a gym. I had to get out there. “I kept saying, ‘Boy, things have got to improve,’ and I had been told they could.” When his rehabilitation began to plateau and even regress, he said he “had no choice but to trust the doctors and what they were saying.”


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment