mobileadstore.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

Agent Provocateur\'s Brush Up

Something we need to know about this blog?
Report it here

Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It! read more

November 18th, 2010 at 04:14 pm

Search Engine Optimization by OnTop SEO Company Add blog to our directory. read more

November 18th, 2010 at 03:24 pm

It would become a Sunday morning I'd never forget. Though only 8 years old at the time, the gravity of the moment I learned my favorite sports player was dead weighed so much on my soul I still feel it to this very day. It's hard to believe its been 25 years since that terrible morning, as I remember my father visibly shaken coming to my room to tell me the news and me responding the only way an 8 year old knows how to such horrific news, with a flood of tears. My dad and I went out to a local nursery that day, purchased a sapling of a species of tree I don't recall, and planted it. We called it the Pelle Lindbergh tree and I never missed an opportunity to tell a friend or guest at our house what it was and more importantly, who it memorialized. It was a therapeutic sight for me, looking out my kitchen window every morning while eating breakfast and feeling like somehow this tree was keeping Pelle alive. Maybe my Dad knew what he was doing to help his kid cope with his first real exper read more

November 14th, 2010 at 09:40 am

All things considered, the timing of my return is a bit odd. The hangover from the improbable run the Flyers made last spring to within 2 wins of the first Stanley Cup in 35 years still requires me to take a couple aspirin daily. Enough time has passed by now that we've begun the new season with confidence this team can prove their deep playoff run last season was no anomaly. The Flyers possess a few X factors which will certainly have great influence on the team's success this season. The most notable names I have in mind are Zherdev and Bobrovsky. Flyers management was able to lure these two players over from the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL - Russia) in an effort to reduce payroll while maintaining a high skill level. Once again, the Flyers enter the season riding a big gamble which could pay big dividends. Zherdev, no stranger to the NHL having been a #1 pick of the Columbus Blue Jackets as well as having spent time playing for the New York Rangers prior to relocating read more

October 25th, 2010 at 06:07 pm

Spring is a great time of year, particularly after the winter the Northeast saw this year. The grass is growing, flowers are blooming, the weather is warmer, the boys of summer take to the diamond, and the Stanley Cup playoffs commence. A spring with Flyers playoff hockey brings the excitement and aspirations for a long overdue Stanley Cup championship within many fans in the Delaware Valley and beyond. This upcoming spring may be a bit different, only because the odds are stacked so high against the Flyers and there's little expectation for success. They are the next to lowest seed and would never have home ice advantage throughout the entire playoffs. They'll be an underdog against every opponent they face and for good reason. The team never fully gelled as a cohesive unit this season. Sure at times they looked like the team predicted to win the Cup this year, but those runs were spackled by numerous stretches of extremely poor and sloppy play, costing them many valuable points in th read more

April 13th, 2010 at 10:01 pm

My head aches. My ears are still ringing. My voice hoarse. As I sat there in Section 204A on Sunday afternoon, I thought "can you believe it has come to this?" 81 games played, the 82nd being the regular season version of a playoff Game 7. A season starting with so much potential, a prediction from The Hockey News of a return to Lord Stanley's glory after an anguishing 35 year wait. Through the first 16 games this season, the Flyers were off and running with a 12-5-1 start. Then the return of atypical inconsistent play reared its ugly head, a coaching change was made, and the problem remained. Couple that with periodic injuries to key players and a revolving door of goaltenders and there we were. The game Sunday against the Rangers would prove to feel much like this entire season has felt like, a roller coaster of emotions. Before the game started, the Flyers faithful (and a healthy dose of Rangers fans) gave referee Kerry Fraser a standing ovation upon the announcement of h read more

April 13th, 2010 at 06:02 pm

"....ya think you're in heaven but you're living in hell." Bob Marley wrote it and it may become reality in the coming seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles and their fans. I believe Donovan McNabb needed to be dealt. If a time were ever right to deal away a potential Hall of Fame quarterback, it was now. The end of last season was a disaster. Donovan McNabb wasn't the only goat in those two horrific games against Dallas, but the fact that he was elbows deep in responsibility for the offense's inability to generate anything in two extremely meaningful games...at this stage in his career...sounds a resounding bell in my ears that this journey has come to an end. Seeing him go and embracing the unknown future seemed like it would be a heavenly release of the burden of dread the known another season with McNabb at the helm would bring. But to Washington?! Division rival?! Two times per season?! Seriously?! Immediately the knowledge McNabb can be a fantastic quarterback and could po read more

April 5th, 2010 at 09:28 pm

I need help. Today, March 27, 2010, in a fit of blind rage upon witnessing no penalty called when Marc Andre-Fleury THREW his stick at the feet of Claude Giroux as he approached the crease unimpeded, I screamed "HE THREW HIS STICK! HE THREW HIS STICK!" while slamming my fist on a catalog laying on the couch just to my right. I did all of this with my young son sitting on my lap. He loves watching the Flyers play...or maybe I should say used to love watching. The poor kid was terrified. Between the goal that was, then wasn't because of incidental... INCIDENTAL contact with the goalie, the stick throwing incident with Fleury & Giroux, Matt Cooke stealing Ryan Parent's stick which directly led to him scoring the dagger goal, and the continuation of the team's overall malaise on the ice...not to mention making my son cry, I want to commit myself. This team has brought me to the breaking point, which makes me wonder why I bother being a fan. The game today read more

March 27th, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Yep...foot in mouth, eat crow, taste the humble pie, whatever you want to call it, I owe the 2 people who read this blog an apology for a previous post that I must retract with extreme humility. The two of you may recall my post "Pro's for Pros in the Olympics", wherein I lobbied my support for the Olympics to return to a competition between strictly amateur athletes, most notably within the men's ice hockey tournament. I like to think I am an honest man, a man who has the capability to look himself in the mirror and admit I made a mistake, that I was wrong. My wife (1 of my 2 faithful blog followers) may at times disagree with that statement, but I believe it to be true. After watching pretty much every Olympic Men's Ice Hockey game broadcast on television, I couldn't have been more wrong in my "Pro's for Pros in the Olympics" post. I'm sure the 1980 Winter Games had an impact on my initial feelings when I wrote that bit. The 1980 USA Ice Hockey team and what th read more

March 4th, 2010 at 08:43 pm

As the clouds have parted, the winds cleared, and the snow ceased blowing, I've finally dug myself out from under the frozen tundra of Southeast Pennsylvania and come to you in a foggy haze of disbelief and confusion. Perhaps it is because outside my door I've witnessed a snowmagedon event unlike anything anyone here has ever seen in their lives, but I think the real reason is the unsettling element the new "fans" of the new NHL have brought to the table. Is it me, or has anyone else noticed the sharp increase in controversies arising over certain body checks ever since the NHL returned from the lockout? If you have not, hopefully reading this post will bring the notion to the forefront of your consciousness so that next time something happens, you can say to yourself "oh yeah, my boy Taetum warned me of this." I do believe in a lot of ways the new NHL has brought a better product to the ice. Players are learning more every year about the need to control the clutching and gr read more

February 21st, 2010 at 10:17 am


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment