mobileadstore.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

Chris Henry’s mother shares story of his legacy

Frank TadychPublished: November 25th, 2010 | Tags: Chris Henry, Cincinnati Bengals

On a day when many of us are already giving thanks, the stories of four people whose lives were changed forever by the late Chris Henry – through his death — have been brought to light.

Carolyn Glaspy, the mother of the former NFL player, decided after his tragic death in December of 2009 to donate his organs, a decision that would allow four strangers another chance at life.

Thanks to an excellent piece by David Zucchino of The Los Angeles Times and an equally compelling and emotional look at the story from CBS Sports, we now know how Henry’s legacy lives on through the decision made by his mother.

Here’s the account of Glaspy from when she met the families of the four recipients face to face for the first time:

“Believe it or not, this is my first tear,” she said. “I think this is my closure. This is what he wanted me to do. I can rest in peace now.

“I know people said some things about him, but he was a giver. And you all just gave him back to me. Today I got him back.”

CBS ran its story during “NFL Today” prior to the game between the Patriots and Lions. They’ve posted the full video of the piece here.

Two very well done accounts that are worth your time.

Posted in: Around The Web  

Join the Discussion



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment