mobileadstore.com

Friday, December 17, 2010

Favre: ‘If it’s meant to be over, then so be it’

It’s been a topic of conversation since he picked himself up off the turf at Mall of America field two weeks ago: Has Brett Favre played his last snap in the NFL?

If you’re searching for closure, you’re out of luck. Favre isn’t offering anything definitive on whether he’ll be able to return from a sprained shoulder and numbness in his hand to take the field again this season. He appeared resigned to the fact it’s all over during his postgame interview Monday night, but as Charles Davis recently pointed out, interim coach Leslie Frazier needs to win.

That becomes more difficult with a mess of a situation at quarterback, and Joe Webb as the starter.

So that was the backdrop as Favre spoke with reporters Thursday, when he was asked if he’s aiming for one last hurrah.

“Well, this season has been that,” Favre said. “You know, it’s probably more important to people that it not end on a hit, injury, against Buffalo. And that very well could be the last play. I don’t look at it that way. As I said after the game, I think of it, and I include this year, as 20 great years.

“I knew going in, as with any season, there’s no guarantees. Things might not go as you would hope. If I had a crystal ball, it would sure be easy to make a lot of decisions and know where you stand. If it’s mean to be, it’s meant to be. And I’m not going to beat myself up over it, one way or another. Just like this season. I know up until this point, game ended, I did everything I could do. Don’t regret it one bit. If it’s meant to be over, then so be it.”

What Favre isn’t saying, and hasn’t said, is that he’s going to do everything he can to fight to get back onto the field. We know the competitive nature that has defined his career. But, as he says, there are no guarantees.

Posted in: NFL Network  

Join the Discussion



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment