mobileadstore.com

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Choice offers apology over Vick autograph

Many of you probably agree it was a bit of an awkward moment when cameras caught Tashard Choice getting Michael Vick to sign his glove following Sunday night’s game between the Cowboys and Eagles.

Typically, these things happen when and where cameras aren’t around. So, maybe Choice doesn’t have the best timing. But he does have a reason: The autograph was for his 3-year-old nephew, apparently a big Vick fan.

“Listen y’all I know Vick,” Choice wrote in Twitter. “That glove was for my nephew who is 3. Not for me.”

Vick didn’t seem to have much of a problem with it.

“That’s probably the first time that’s ever happened to me,” Vick said of the request. “But [Choice] is a great guy. It doesn’t surprise me.”

Suffice to say Choice didn’t realize getting an autograph from Vick, on the field following a home loss, wouldn’t sit well with Cowboys faithful. It sounds as though he took a public beating on Twitter, or at least got wind of the reaction, because he offered an apology Monday morning.

“If its anybody that cares about winning and the d cowboys its me,” Choice wrote. “I apologize to the people it was just an innocent gesture for my nephew.”

It all seems innocent enough. Plus, of all the things Cowboys fans have to be frustrated about, this one just doesn’t seem to be high on the list.

What do you think, NFL Nation … big deal or not?

Posted in: Around The Web  

Join the Discussion



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment