mobileadstore.com

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Favre reiterates his plan: ‘I’m done’

Maybe you’ve seen this movie before, but Brett Favre told us Wednesday he really is retiring after the season, his 20th in the NFL. Really. You can believe it …

Favre reiterated his plan (which he’s done several times this season) when asked by reporters if he was having any second thoughts, which for all intents and purposes remains a legitimate question.

“I’m done, I’m done,” said Favre.

Pardon me that this is dripping with sarcasm, but we’ve been through this drill twice before. It’s simply no longer news when Favre retires, unretires or changes his mind, because there’s always a chance that will change, no matter how much we’d like to believe otherwise.

Favre was asked why he should be believed this time around.

“I remember the same question, the first part of the year, and everyone said, ‘Well, ….’ I said, ‘Hey, time will tell,’ but like I said then, I’m done,” Favre said. “I’d love to, as I said when I came back, I’m here to win a Super Bowl. We had big expectations, it hasn’t gone the way we had hoped up to this point. But again, my career speaks for itself. I think it’s been a great career. I don’t know how the remaining games will unfold but, that’s it.”

Favre added … for now … he’s not interesting in staying close to the game in television or coaching.

In a way it’s unfortunate some will remember one of the greatest quarterbacks in history for his inability to make up his mind over his last few seasons. Perhaps that part of his legacy will dissipate over time. 

As maddening as the drama he creates can be, I don’t live on Favre Hater Ave., so kudos to him for getting the opportunity to do something he’s had the ability and desire to do for so many years. It looks like these last five weeks are setting up nicely as an award tour of sorts for Favre.

Posted in: Around The Web  

Join the Discussion



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment