mobileadstore.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Titans RB Johnson wants more carries

Frank TadychPublished: December 8th, 2010 | Tags: Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans

It was just a year ago we referred to Chris Johnson as “CJ2K.” But Johnson has just 58 yards rushing the last two games. He told NFL Network the problem hasn’t been opposing defenses but rather that the Titans have lacked execution, and openly lobbied for more carries as part of the solution.

“I won’t put it on those defenses and say that they really stopped me,” Johnson said. “It was just a thing where we were one-dimensional and I didn’t really have the opportunity to run the ball. It all goes back to, as an offense, we have to stay on the field and complete third downs and get drives going.

“If the ball is being handed off to me, and I’m given more carries than I’ve been given, then we should have a successful game and we should be putting up points. The whole thing is that I’m not pointing out one person or one group on the offense. I’m pointing out the offense as a whole. We just have to stay on the field and execute the plays.”

Follow The NFL Network on Twitter @nflnetwork.

Posted in: NFL Network  

Join the Discussion



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment