mobileadstore.com

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vick reflects on shooting: ‘That day changed me’

Michael Vick is currently writing what could be considered the greatest redemption story in the history of the NFL, if not all sports.

But the latest chapter nearly ended before it began. After serving an 18-month sentence in federal prison, Vick had no margin for error on his status with the league when a shooting occurred at his birthday party in June. Vick was later exonerated, and didn’t face disciplinary action from Commissioner Roger Goodell.

However, the incident did serve as a wake-up call for Vick. As part of a recent sitdown with NFL Network’s Deion Sanders, Vick shares his thoughts on how that night could have been his third strike with the NFL.

Here’s a taste of their conversation:

Sanders: It could have been strike three.

Vick: Could have been strike three, man.  Could have been over.

Sanders: You cried?

Vick: Yeah, plenty of times.  I cried … if there was 24 hours in that day, I shedded ten hours worth of tears.  Honestly.

Sanders: That day changed you?

Vick: Yeah, that day changed me.  Simply because, like I said, it was strike three.  And I knew I was running out of chances and opportunities.  You know, you get to a point where you’re just tired of hearing your name mentioned in a negative light. I’m just like, “What can I do to turn this all around?” Honestly, I was just like, “Just do the right thing.”  That was on my conscience.  Just do the right thing.  Stay out the way.  You know, come back to Philadelphia.  You know, study some football.  Do something different.  And dedicate your life to change.

Check out the full interview when it airs tonight on “Thursday Night Kickoff” at 6 p.m. ET prior to the Texans vs. Eagles on NFL Network.

Posted in: NFL Network  

Join the Discussion



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment